To understand the secrets of ourselves and our cosmic universe is to understand the unseen forces of energy, frequency and vibration. Everything is energy, as Oprah once said, and everything has a unique frequency to which it vibrates. Every human being carries within them the evolutionary memories of humanity as well as their own current lifetime programming. This can feel like a heavy load because much of this energy is unconscious. Our purpose as spiritual beings is to bring the unconscious buried within us in the dark into the light where it can be transcended, transformed and transmuted into higher consciousness. Our collective life purpose is about personal transformation.
It is an uncomfortable task to look down the rabbit hole, and the journey down can be full of fear. One has to prepare. But if we do not confront our shadows, these unconscious patterns of fear will keep us in denial while our emotional energy patterns will swing between reaction and repression. It is an oxymoron for us humans that the freedom we long for is hiding within our own being. We are more comfortably conditioned for the elusive chase of our freedom in the familiar, material world. Our deepest fear is the life path that will lead us inward to face this fear. A convenient truth is to simply separate good from evil, and choose good. Yet, if this was working, there would be no evil, fearful manifestations in this world. This is why religious institutions are failing. By choosing only the good, we remain in denial about both our personal and collective shadows which ironically hold the key to the light and freedom.
Life is a series of tests which demand we confront our challenges, adversity and suffering head on. There is nowhere to run, nowhere to hide. Each time we attempt to run and hide, we reinforce our own self-created limitations and become blind to our life purpose. Each test life brings to us is an opportunity to evolve beyond our fears and limitations…to become spiritual warriors. As long as we avoid taking responsibility for our own deep, inner process to become present with both our dark and our light, our good and our evil, our direct, real experience with the Divine will elude us. Our frequency will remain in the lower vibrations of the unconscious. If we are to raise our frequency, we need to face our own shadows. In doing so, we will realize our shadows only exist because of the light we carry. There can be no shadows without the light to cast them. Our shadows are the illusion. There is nothing to fear. When we retrieve our light, we raise our frequency and evolve naturally to higher consciousness. We become the change we long to be. We will know it when we get there by the freedom in our feelings. The doors to our true destiny open. True freedom replaces the self-imposed limits of the illusions born of the shadows we no longer fear, deny nor repress.
Dragonfly is here to show us that once we morph through the layers of our dark shadows, we will undergo a beautiful transformation. It is inevitable, a truth. A new life will be given to us, an endless sky in which to fly.
Transformation – Our Deepest Purpose
Linda George | August 16, 2013 | Waking Times
What, if not transformation, is our deepest purpose? -Rainer Maria Rilke
One of the reasons we are here, perhaps the most meaningful reason, is to transform ourselves. But what does that really mean?
To transform is to change the shape or character of……. according to my dictionary. I love this definition because it fits so perfectly with my worldview, which, as an evolutionary astrologer, is centered on the evolution of character. This, in other words, is transformation. This is our deepest purpose. And it is a lifetime’s work.
The question then becomes, how do we go about this process of transformation? And it clearly is a process – taking the raw material of youthful and unformed character and, through the gradual acquisition of knowledge and experience over the passage of time – molding and perfecting it. We are all involved in the work of integrating aspects of our characters and taking them to the higher ground. And boy, are we up against it there!
The world we have been born into seems designed to make things as challenging as it can for us.
We arrive here equipped for physical survival – which means we are hardwired to see the world around us as threatening. We are born into fear. This is not all bad, but it does mean we learn to live on our nerves. When you think about it, all the stresses we feel can be related back to one fear or another. Not only does ‘the system’ program us (through its insistence on consumerism and competition) to exist in a state of continual background fear and anxiety, but it is simultaneously bombarding us with assault after assault of pollutants – chemical and emotional. All of this undermines our health and well-being, on every level.
As we know, everything has a frequency. We have a frequency that evolved along with the frequency of our planet Earth. Our frequency is compatible with the Earth’s that means. Natural food, clean water and air – all have a frequency that is harmonious with our own. But as most of us reading this are well aware, this is a situation that is becoming increasingly more difficult to sustain. Our food, our water and our air are all being contaminated with pollutants. The frequencies, or energy fields we are taking into our bodies, in the form of our food, water and the air we breathe, are disharmonious, chaotic, and disruptive. They disrupt our physical body, and our mental and emotional bodies, through altering our biochemistry. We are vulnerable, multi-dimensional beings, and we are now being assaulted on all levels of our being. This being human is becoming increasingly more challenging as ‘the system’ – controlled obviously by a force that does not have our best interests at heart, accelerates its unspeakable agenda.
Sourcing pure, organic food and clean, un-fluoridated (!) water can be a mission. (I travel 30 km to an artesian water spring, in order avoid fluoridated tap water – and I’m lucky I know to have this resource). It takes time to read labels in the supermarket – but we need to, now more than ever. In short, our health depends on our knowledge. We need to educate ourselves – and time is not on our side.
It isn’t only our food and water – if we live in an urban area, how can we avoid the electromagnetic smog that fills the airwaves? The frequencies being emitted by technology, cell phone towers, mobile phones, Wi-Fi, microwaves, x-rays, and heaven help us, smart meters (!) can be nigh on impossible to escape from. These frequencies are steadily undermining our cellular integrity – of that there is little doubt. It is hard not to despair.
And that is the biggest challenge. Overcoming our despair, our fear, our heartbreak – when we see the pain and insanity in the world, through taking back our power – is how we transform it.
In astrology, Pluto is the transformer. This planetary body is associated with not only transforming, and healing, but it is also about all things dark. It symbolizes the shadow, that which is hidden – whether it be psychologically, or on another level, physically. Pluto’s domain is the invisible. This is relevant because as members of the human race, we all have Pluto somewhere in our psyche. If astrological terminology puts you off, replace the word Pluto with wound. We all have individual wounds to heal, and we all share in the collective wounds of humanity. At some point, the two merge into one – and it seems we are at that point. Society’s disease has become our disease.
If we are on a mission to transform and heal ourselves, then transforming our world is part and parcel of that. This ‘change in form’ is as much about changing the ‘state of the world’ – disintegrating as it appears to be around us, as it is about changing our inner world. When we change inwardly, the outer form changes too. Our integrity (wholeness) and the integrity of our world are at heart one and the same. Overcoming our despair then depends on us waking up, and helping each other to wake up. That is, we need to grow our awareness, our consciousness – to realize that we are all individual cells in the one body of humanity – a body that is looking pretty sick right now. But we each have the power to change that. The cells in the human body work together for the good of a whole – the rogue cancer cell, an example of the exception. This is what we must do as individual cells in the body called humanity. It is imperative that we see the bigger picture and realize that the healing of our society and our planet must come from our cooperation.This is what happens in the body – 50 trillion cells cooperate to maintain the healthy functioning of the system. As we heal our individual wounds and become whole in body and mind, the world around us will be healed. It is our apathy, our ignorance and the firewalls of our beliefs that must be transformed. There is no power in maintaining the status quo. The only power is in healing and transformation.
Here then are some humbly offered suggestions, to help your transformation……and all power to you!
– Inform yourself. Read as widely as you can on the subject of natural heath and healing, (The time for trusting your health to outside authorities has long past), and what is happening in the world (you can’t trust the mainstream media to tell you the truth on anything of importance).
– Share information. Keep talking and sharing your experiences and discoveries re the above, with others. Sign petitions. Write letters to editors and emails to TV stations.
– Take care of your health by not vaccinating your children or yourself, drinking fluoridated water, eating GMO containing foods, eating processed foods, talking too long on cell phones, living in a continuous Wi-Fi environment, using microwaves and smart meters, living close to cell phone towers, over-using pharmaceuticals or other drugs.
– Clear your emotional body. Learn techniques, such as breath and body work to release heavy, low vibratory emotions from your system. Live as much as possible in the NOW.
– Move your body. Do physical exercise on a regular basis – even if it is just walking or gardening. Particularly if it is walking or gardening. Take up yoga.
– Make time to just be. Each day take some time to meditate or just sit and let your thoughts be still. Be in nature for your ‘just be’ time, whenever you can. This resets your internal clock to timelessness – the opposite state to that in which we normally live.
– Connect with animals and nature. And realize the life-force in all things. Minimize consumption of animals and animal products.
– Look within. Consider having your evolutionary astrology chart done, or other technique that connects you with your own psyche and the energies you are working with in this life. Knowledge is power. Power is transformation.
– Drink green juices. Blend organic fruits and greens and drink often.
– Do what you love. You are utterly unique and that is enough. Whatever you love doing is what you are here to do. Create. Express yourself – and most of all ENJOY your days. You never know when they will be up.
About the author
Linda George is a writer, yogi, and evolutionary astrologer living in New Zealand. She has been deeply involved in astrology, alternative health, spirituality and metaphysics for 35 years. Author of two books on consciousness and astrology – both finalists in the Ashton Wylie Mind/Body/Spirit book awards, she is committed to joining with others in ‘spreading the word’ in these waking times. Her blog is www.acosmicride.wordpress.com
9 Key Components of the Shift Towards Higher Consciousness
Dylan Charles | Waking Times | Jul 31 2013
Facing considerable political, economic, social and ecological crises, the human race is desperate for a transformation and a new direction. Business as usual ensures that we are doomed to run a course of half-conscious self-destruction, as man-made catastrophes multiply and stress mounts in every aspect of life. We must overthrow our ignorance, as it has become a fearful master, goading us into war, pollution, waste and exploitation.
The social problems and entrenched patterns at the source of global issues are too vast and complex to be solved at the personal level, yet, paradoxically, the personal transformation of the individual offers a lonesome opportunity to avert the catastrophes we are engineering for ourselves. Human consciousness has a critical role to play in our collective destiny and there is a seismic shift occurring here that is creating a rising class of conscious people better equipped than ever to deal with such a chaotic environment.
The shift. It is the dramatic re-ordering of one’s psyche, producing changes that greatly benefit the body, mind and spirit. It is marked by considerable expansion of awareness of the inner spaces of mind and heart, and of the inter-dependent nature of all things. It is a reconstruction of one’s life and purpose rebuilt on a foundation of truth, peace, strength and flexibility, and it is brought about by a laborious and sufferable process of reflection and self-realization. The end result of the shift is the experience of a new, world-centric perspective on life, the reclamation of mental and physical health, and the discovery of the strength, courage and fearlessness needed to wade through these interesting times.
Personal evolution is both the great duty and the great joy of all human beings and is a process of divine significance, frequently unfolding in overlapping stages and related developments. Here are 9 key components of the shift commonly experienced by evolving people, not necessarily occurring in a particular order.
1. Contemporary Consciousness – The mass consciousness of production, consumption, submission and nihilism is where the shift begins. This is the consensus trance that we have been programmed to accept as real life, while obediently serving our worst interests without examination or question. Contemporary consciousness is acquiescence to insanity for the sake of convenience. Breaking through contemporary consciousness is to strike the very root of our global dilemma. Numb, drugged, and senseless, this level of consciousness is a psychic plague blotting out our potential.
2. A Disturbance in the Force – Like a canary in a coal mine, a warning appears from somewhere, grabbing our attention, rattling our confidence, pulling us out of our tunnel vision. Some small piece of information gathered from the alternative press or from a documentary film eats at our understanding of how the world is set up, and the shift begins. This sets the stage for a deep and serious personal crises to erupt, and often engages a ferocious drive for knowledge and truth.
3. An Introspective Quest for Knowledge & Truth – Knowledge and information are the fuel for personal transformation. Once awakened, our natural draw towards truth and justice calls us to consider new ideas and outside perspectives as we search for a new bearing in a crumbling understanding of the world. Introspection reveals answers to never-before asked questions and the accompanying interest in ‘alternative’ information and ideas provides answers that profoundly contradict contemporary consciousness. Once this quest is initiated the world never again looks the same.
4. The Dark Night of the Soul – The disturbance begins to conflict with contemporary consciousness so severely that the amount of cognitive dissonance required to adhere to the status quo life manifests materially as serious personal mental and physical health crises. The foundation for this catastrophic and catalyzing series of events has been under construction for most of life up to this point, and as such, the mind, body and spirit can be forced to endure unimaginable lows as the entire sum and meaning of one’s existence is smashed and broken to pieces under the weight of one’s denial about their complicity in their own self-destruction.
This is the ultimate test. To pass it one must endure the pain to the ultimate degree, and simply not give up. For many, the dark night of the soul lasts for years, marking the most serious, frightening and life-changing phase of life. Succumbing to the suffering here means giving in to total annihilation and choosing the path of serious self-deceit, total submission to ego and to false authority, addiction, reckless endangerment of the self, suicide, overdose, etc.
5. Discovery of Real Medicine – Something helps us through this crisis by easing the pain of our suffering, gently re-building positive energy and providing sufficient distraction while the body and spirit begin to reclaim health. Medicine here is not pharmaceutical, but therapeutical, and can come in the form of an artistic endeavor or exercise, or better yet, an intense study of an esoteric healing physical art like Qi Gong, Yoga, Kung Fu, meditation, and so on. Medicine may also be found amongst healers, therapists, shaman, or even plant medicines like Ayahuasca and Iboga. Finding the activity or experience that nudges you away from the brink of destruction and towards healing is a critical component of the shift.
6. Purification and Detox – Along the quest for knowledge we discover the toxic nature of our processed and sedentary lifestyle and realize the need for detox and purification. Learning about fluoride, heavy metals, GMO’s and the poisons in our food reveals the link between our emotional state, stress levels, well-being and conscious awareness. A new relationship with food is developed and taking care of the body and health gradually becomes easier.
Our toxic environment also includes our social atmosphere and here we are compelled to tune out of mainstream media, conversation and logic, purging ourselves of the garbage that so many people consider important. Our consumption of mainline ideas is reduced and our mind regains a footing of independence in a sea of sensationalized conformity.
7. Re-thinking of Authority, Dependence and Liberty – As the detox pushes older versions of the self out of the way, rejuvenating the psyche, a new picture of the self emerges in a world that no longer looks anything like it did before. The designs of control and manipulation governing our social institutions and traditions are rightfully exposed as farcical constructs that deter our evolution, while modern politics and government are understood to be laughable traps of dependence and deceit and therefore no longer beneficial to positive growth. The people that invest their lives and identities in these schemes seem desperate and needy of purpose, fanatical and outrageously too certain and too serious about life.
Non-conformity and non-compliance become moral obligations and liberty is revalued to include freedom from living in the fear-based consciousness offered as the default way of life. Ordinary people seem strange now in how they self-organize into ridiculous pecking orders, squabbling for position at work and submitting to any ‘authority figure’ with a badge and cheap uniform. It becomes clear that freedom has less to do with laws and more to do with voluntary submission, and liberty becomes a constant struggle to decrease dependence on the systems that complicate life.
8. Letting Go of and Discarding that Which Does Not Serve – In order to move through the process of transformation, it is absolutely necessary to jettison the things, people, relationships, habits, and ideas which no longer serve and support us. Human beings energetically interact with the objects and people in our environment, and eliminating and purging sources of stagnant energy and negativity creates space for new experience and inspiration to enter and flow into life. This is one of the most renewing components in this transformation.
9. Initiation into Mystery – Material science and mainstream thought exclude forms of mystery and paranormal activity from consideration in our culture, therefore making an initiation into the world of the unexplainable a common feature of the shift. For some reason, as a person changes in this fashion, strange and fascinating events occur that chip away at the certainties that support consensus material reality.Synchronicities emerge and moments of clarity give greater meaning to the mundane. Awareness of the subtle life force energy, Qi or Prana, develops, and ancient modalities of thought and concentration elicit strangely powerful revelations. Once the veil of the rigid scientific mindset is pierced, intuition and curiosity flourish and one re-assesses the potential in all things and in all circumstances, abandoning certainty in favor of wonder. Life becomes at sacred, as it should be.
The shift is nothing short of total personal revolution, and signals the re-organization of the mind and psyche for the benefit of the individual and the collective. It is about remembering who we are and overcoming the momentous inertia of the self-destructive programming in our modern world. Coming to extra-ordinary consciousness and awareness from the depths of the contemporary trance that sickens so many people is a process compelled by both natural forces and personal will and is part of our unique journey towards individuation, freedom, and happiness in this amazing world, at this incredible time.
About the Author
Dylan Charles is a student and teacher of Shaolin Kung Fu, Tai Chi and Qi Gong, a practitioner of Yoga and Taoist esoteric arts, and an activist and idealist passionately engaged in the struggle for a more sustainable and just world for future generations. He is the editor of WakingTimes.com, the proprietor of OffgridOutpost.com, a grateful father and a man who seeks to enlighten others with the power of inspiring information and action. His remarkable journey of self-transformation is a testament to the power of the will and the persistence of the human spirit. He may be contacted at email@example.com.